Saturday, September 25, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

Hello Family and Friends, I hope that this blog post finds you all well. We made it through another week here in Virginia Beach, and though we miss you all, it is starting to feel more like home here on the East Coast. I thought I would share some of the things that we have found here that we love.

First of all, PIZZA! For those of you that know Ryan well...he loves pizza. We have made a Friday night tradition of getting pizza from a great local place called Chanellos. 5 dollars for a great pizza...mmm.


Second of all, our trail. I spend at least 2 hours on this trail almost every day. An hour by myself working out and then another hour walking Jazzy. This being the first place I have lived other than Indiana it is amazing to see this climate's wonderful plant life. I am obsessed with how the trees arch over the path. The beauty of it never ceases to amaze me.


We also love the people here in Virginia. They are all so nice and down to Earth (and a little crazy!) Below is a great example of this. We call the man who lives here Willie, because his garden is all Willie Nilly. It is hard to tell by this picture but there is a mermaid, skeleton, and flying man in his backyard! Willie caught me taking this picture...which made for an awkward conversation :).


Next we love the beach and all the wonderful free events it offers. Today we spent a portion of the day at the Neptune Beach Festival. It featured the North American Sand Sculpture Competition. Below is one of our favorite statues. It is hard to describe how amazingly intricate these sculptures were, the pictures just don't do them justice.



The last thing that we love is how close we have grown to each other. It has been great to spend so much time together! Below is my entry for the sand sculpture competition. Ryan said it would have won most romantic (please feel free to puke from all of this mushy stuff)!


Well we love you all and thanks for catching up with us. We will catch up with ya'll again next week!
Big Hug:
The Masons




1 comment:

  1. And here is a few of my favorite things: Claire, Ryan and Jazzy!

    ReplyDelete