Saturday, September 18, 2010

Settling In

Hello family and friends. Thank you for your patience the last couple of weeks. Ryan and I have been busy adjusting to studying, working, and finding time for sleep! Unfortunately for Ryan this is just the beginning. He will have this busy schedule for the next 3 years. I on the other hand get some reprieve!


On Tuesday I took the ASTB, which is a standardized test for the Navy OCS program, I did well so I don't have to study anymore!!! Needless to say I am very happy. The next step in the application process is submitting a huge packet of information that details every last detail of my life. Then I send in my package and pray it is good enough to get in me in.


The Navy is not the only job prospect at this point in time. I also have an interview for the Virginia Beach Police Department on Oct. 2nd. If I am accepted I would start Police Academy in February. Obviously I am still pursuing jobs and applying for positions that would actually utilize my experience; but trusting that God knows best.


Ryan has enjoyed catching a glimpse at what his future will look like. He spent a large portion of this weekend grading his classes' first assignment. It was great to see what a wonderful professor he will make. He has been understanding with his students and still dedicated to teaching them the course material. I think it is a hard balance for him, but I think he is doing a great job.


This next week will be much of the same. I will share some more pics of our new home and the things that have started to make Virginia Beach special to us. We love and miss you all, but halftime is almost over and I have to get back to the game. GO MSU!


Big Hug:
The Masons

No comments:

Post a Comment